Check out the astrological factors affecting your confidence and self-esteem.
This year Raksha Bandhan is on Monday, 3rd August 2020
Raksha Bandhan Thread Ceremony Time begins at 9:28 AM and ends by 8:27 PM.
Total Duration is 10 hrs 59 Mins
Raksha Bandhan is a pious day for brothers & sisters. This day comes in the month of Shrawan. celebrated on Purnima or Full moon day. People celebrate this day with utmost joy and happiness, as siblings gather at one place where sisters tie sacred rakhi on their brother's wrist and brothers take an oath for their protection. By the end of the ceremony, there is an exchange of sweets, gifts, and blessings.
Significance of Raksha Bandhan:
Raksha Bandhan is ritualistic tying of the thread, which protects the person from all sorts of evils. Raksha, in the form of sacred thread, is personified as the divine power who makes the worshiper fearless. Shachi, Wife of Lord Indra, created Raksha to protect her husband from demons in the war. Therefore, Raksha is worshipped for victory, comfort, sons, grandsons, wealth, and health.
The name 'Raksha Bandhan' means "a bond of protection" . On this day brothers make a promise to protect their sisters from all evil and harm and sisters pray for their well being. This festival holds great importance for all religions including Hindus, Sikhs, and Jains all over the world. It is marked by a few rituals, which vary home to home.
1. Days or even weeks before the Raksha Bandhan, Women or the sister starts preparing for the festival. They shop for the ceremonial thread which is tied around brother's wrist. In return, brothers shop for gifts.
2. On the morning of the ceremony, People take bath, wear clean and finest clothes, A tray or thal is prepared. Siblings get together along with the entire family. The ritual begins with fasting of siblings until not tied the sacred thread, lighting a lamp in front of the deity;
3. The women ties Rakhi on their brother's wrist, apply tilak on their forehead and give them sweets, dry fruits, etc.
4. The ritual includes a tray consisting of a lighted lamp, sweets, and other things that are rotated around the brother's face. The tilak is put at the center of two eyebrows. After that the women offer sweets and in return, they receive a gift. With this, they open fasting by eating delicious food.
Acharya shares the correct way of preparing the sacred plate or Puja Thali
For conducting the rituals, one needs to prepare a tray with Roli (Red Threads), Dhan, Akshat (Rice), Diya, Vermillion Sweets, Dry Fruits, and Rakhi thread on the plate.
Special Things to do on this Raksha Bandhan
- Many women tie Rakhi to Lord Ganesh, Lord Hanuman, and Lord Vishnu. For those who believe in them to be their protectors.
- If your brothers cannot come home, you can tie rakhi to Lord Vishnu by remembering their name.
- Take blessing from elder brother or sister after tying the rakhi and do eat and share sweets.
- Prepare the best possible food dishes for your siblings, eat, share, and enjoy.
Nag Panchami 2020: It is one of the significant days in Sawan, the auspicious month in the Hindu calendar. It is also one of the oldest festivals celebrated across India.Nag Panchami 2020: As the name suggests, the day is dedicated to the Nag Devta or the Snake God. It is one of the significant days in Shravan, the auspicious month in the Hindu calendar. It is also one of the oldest festivals celebrated across India. Sawan or Shravan, in the peak rainy season, is dotted with worship and fastings. Sawan is dedicated to Lord Shiva and devotees observe 'Shrawan Somwar' every Monday of the month that corresponds to July-August of the Gregorian calendar. Nag Panchami is also known as Nag Chaturthi or Nagul Chavithi. It is celebrated on the Shukla Paksha, Panchami tithi of Shrawan Month. Nag Panchami Timings or Tithi Panchami Tithi begins at 2:34 pm on July 24 Panchami Tithi ends at 12:02 pm on July 25 Nag Panchami Significance and mythology In Sanskrit, 'Nag' means snake and people worship the snake god to protect their families from evil. According to mythology, a deadly snake 'Kalia' had been poisoning the waters of the Yamuna, making it difficult for the brijwasis (residents of Brij in Uttar Pradesh), to drink the water. Lord Krishna (an avatar of Lord Vishnu) destroyed Kalia and the snake god was forced to take back the poison from the river. Krishna had blessed him and said, people who pray and offer milk to the snake god on Nag Panchami will always be protected from the evil. According to Acharya, On this day, devotees who worship Nag Devta should avoid digging the ground, after taking a meal on Chaturthi, the devotees will have fasting on Panchami, worship Nag Devta and then in the evening, they can eat. People also draw 5 headed Snake or Naag with Chandan, turmeric, or Pen. Devotees offer sweets, Kheer, Panchamitra, Incense Stick, Nawaidh to Naag Devta, and then devotees offer sweets to Brahmans.
Vastu Expert Acharya Pradip enlists ways to ensure your home radiates positive energy.
- Want to improve your relation with your partner? Bring a Rose Quartz and place it in the bedroom. The rose quartz will fill your house with love & peace.
2. Do you feel happy when you are staying away from home but you are annoyed at arrival?
- The main door of your house, windows should be in the east or south direction.
- Having open space around the house & if first rays of sunlight fall are believed auspicious.
- North & East side of your house should have maximum space Whereas, West & South should have the least open space.
- Water lines should be placed in North-East direction.
- The balcony should be in the south or East direction.
- The kitchen should be located in the southeast direction.
- Doors & Windows in south & west should be avoided, cover it with curtains, and It is auspicious if located in the north & east direction.
3. Dressing tables should be kept in the North or East direction either in the right or left side of the bed but make sure to cover the mirror so that your reflection does not appear when you are asleep.
4. Lighting camphor or sprinkling Ganga Jal along with saffron removes negativity from the house.
5. The bed should be in West or Southwest direction, it should be touching the south wall of the room. You should sleep by keeping your head on South direction and feet in North direction.
6. The study table or room should be placed in East direction. You should face east while studying and never place your study table in South direction.
7. Wall clock should always be placed in the North wall of the house. The painting placed in the walls should be related to beautiful scenarios, avoid Ramayan, Mahabharat, haunting animal Paintings in the bedroom.
8. Washrooms should be placed in South direction of the house.
9. The kid's room should be located in the East North or West direction. Place idols of Lord Ganesh and Goddess Saraswati in the East direction of their room.
10. Always color your home with light shades, this keeps your mind peaceful. Avoid vibrant and dark colors brings negativity.
Do you know food has a lot to do with stars and planets of your horoscope? Do you know which food to consume or to cook on which day?
Food Astrology is about knowing the food habits of an individual according to the different zodiac signs. With the help of Food astrology or Vedic astrology, one can know how and which dishes one should prepare to please stars or change planetary movements or which ingredients are highly influencing your luck. Food Astrology can guide you to take the right and authentic food by which you can change your destiny.
- North or East direction is known fruitful while eating your food. Therefore always face North or East Direction for having your food.
Note: Eating while facing West direction brings illness at home, and the west is considered inauspicious.
2. According to Vedic Astrology, one should always clean your hands, face, and feet before the consumption of food. It is also said that if your feet are wet while eating the food gives a long healthy life.
3. In Hindu Mythology, Goddess Annapurna is believed as a lady or goddess of Food. Her divine blessings give food to all the living beings, thus it is recommended always respect the food you are served and never speak ill about it otherwise you may suffer from poverty.
4. Consumption of food sitting in the ground is believed to be a good practice whereas consuming food in a standing position, at the bed, or taking food in a sleeping position is strictly advised not to follow.
5. Acharya says eating food in clean and beautiful crockery brings success in life. Broken or dented utensils are advised not to use.
6. House cooks should be clean and take a bath before they start cooking. One should never be sad or angry while cooking or this brings negativity to the one who is eating.
7. Vedic astrology suggests, To worship the cherished divinity and serve a part of the food on their name. Also, keeping the first cooked Chappati for the cow and the last cooked chapatti for a dog gives peace to planets of Rahu & Ketu.
This is the 3rd Lunar eclipse to be witnessed in the year 2020, however, this eclipse will not be visible from India but will be visible in countries of Europe, North America, and Africa on the 5th of July 2020, the fortunate time of the lunar eclipse or Sutak period in India is at 8.37 am to 11.22 am.
Astrologically, this Lunar eclipse will give higher impacts on several star signs. Acharya Says some of the horoscopes are going to be extremely lucky because of this Eclipse.
Taurus, this lunar eclipse will be beneficial in terms of wealth, those who are in the business will make sudden profit, also Taurians who like to invest in Share market may receive some good news. You will have a happy time at home.
For Virgo, Stay alert when it comes to investment. There will be changes in work life, you may earn some reward or success in the most awaited issues of your life.
Libra: This lunar eclipse is going to be productive for Libra people. Those who have been trying to make their financial background strong may achieve some solid hints.
Beginning of new work or business will be successful, stay alert when it comes to health.
Aquarius: This lunar eclipse is going to be helpful for Aquarians as this will bring you monetarily benefits. People who invest in real estate or share markets can double their investment. You need to be very careful while arguments or should limit the speech as it may raise uninvited quarrels.
Leos: This lunar eclipse will give fame, wealth, and gratitude to Leo's. There can be some panic or mental pressure arising in your life. Thinking to begin a new business will give good results. Stay alert in case of health.
Scorpio: For scorpion's, this eclipse is lucky, and is standing in your favor.
You may achieve results with the slightest of your contribution. Acharya says Scorpio will find their wallet full of money by the end of the week. You will meet new and professional people and will get support from your colleagues.
Aries: New opportunities are knocking the door. People who have metal, medicine, and furniture oriented work will earn strategic wealth. Stay alert when it comes to health.
Traditions to be followed during this eclipse:
- It is advisable to avoid consumption of food during the designated time of the eclipse.
- One can worship their revered believed god at the time of the eclipse.
- Always put some Tulsi leaves in the cooked food, water stored at the time of the eclipse.
- As soon as the eclipse gets over, people should bath and worship their almighty god.
- One should not touch the idols during this eclipse period.
Note: The above mentioned rituals are old Hindu traditions, which may be noted superstition on this date, however we BasudevAstro believe to follow old rituals and share them to the next generation.
May 04, 2020 - May 10, 2020. As it does when it returns to your income sector every month, the moon will align with Juno here, clash with the planets in your financial sector and from a friendly aspects to planets on the job and career fronts. This is a lot to a pack into a few short days, especially as this is a pivotal time on all four fronts. Mercury only left your financial sector last week and the moon moves through just a s planets on both sides of financial fence are working to redefine the lines between money coming in and money going out. The moon also moves through during mars last full week in your work sector and Saturn's final week in direct motion here. The moon will also be in your income sector when the North Node returns to your career sector for the first time since 2003 and as Venus prepares to turn retrograde there next week. There is likely to be a case of information overload as the Moon moves through, which you can spend the rest of the week processing.